Blogger Widgets Science Education and Technology: Why Does My Facebook Post Says Not Boosted?

Tuesday 24 December 2013

Why Does My Facebook Post Says Not Boosted?

I have been boosting Facebook posts on my Facebook business pages and it has been working very well. But today I saw an error that turned the boost button into a “Not Boosted” button.
As I was logged in as an Admin to this page I went to the top of the Admin panel and Looked at my post status. As you can see from the screenshot below, an error has shown up. My boost was stopped because the post violated Facebook’s ad guidelines.

"Your Post wasn’t boosted because it uses too much text in its image, which violates Facebook’s ad guidelines. Sponsored images that show in the News Feed can’t include more than 20% text. The post remains published, but it is not running as an ad. You’ll still be charged for any impressions or clicks your ad received before it was disapproved."
facebook-ad-not-boosted

See Why Your Image Is More Than 20% Text

How do you know if your add has more than 20% text in it? Well Facebook has a free tool to show you. I only wish they had let me know about this tool before I wasted my boost.
1. Got to https://www.facebook.com/ads/tools/text_overlay
2. Upload your image that had the error “not boosted”.
3. Click on all boxes containing text to see if the image complies with text guidelines. The boxes are not automatically selected for you.
4. The percentage will be shown beside the image. In my case below it was 52%.
facebook-ad-not-boosted2

What Can I Do When My Facebook Post Says Not Boosted!

Obviously the first thing you should do is check to see why the post was not boosted. You can do this by showing your Admin panel. There is a hide or unhide button at the top of your page. Of course you must be Admin to do this.
Find out the reason why your Facebook post was not boosted and see if you can fix the problem.
Unfortunately I deleted the post even though it had a number of likes and comments. Then I removed some text from the picture and simply wrote the text in the post. Then I boosted the post again.

No comments:

Post a Comment